Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bayside Day Opening Reception

Little Bay Sunset
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/8, 1/1250s, 320ISO, 40mm
As I stated in a previous post, my photograph of a local business owner was featured on the Bayside Historical Society's Website and would be on display in the Bayside Day exhibition. Friday was the opening reception for the exhibition, and I attended with my wife and daughter. Somehow, I got my times mixed up, so like a true New Yorker, we were fashionably late. 

Even though we were running late, I had to stop and grab a picture of the sunset. I was a little disappointed that the opening reception was on the 11th of July, as that was one of the last two days of Manhattanhenge, when the sun aligns with the east-west streets of Manhattan. I always seem to be working when it happens, or like last year, the weather was rainy. For the record, I was too drained on Saturday after a day at the beach to venture out for the second day.

2nd Floor
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/8, 1/60s, 1600ISO, 40mm
We were greeted at the door by Executive Director. She gave my daughter a little tiara so she could be a princess in the Castle, the term for the old Officer's Club where the Historical Society now calls home. She also had the upstairs ballroom opened so that my daughter could dance around if she wanted, and I was interested in exploring the Castle myself. We will have to return to look more in depth as there is a third floor that we did not see on this trip.

My work on display
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/4, 1/50s, 3200ISO, 40mm
It was very cool to see one of my photographs physically displayed outside my house in a size larger than 8"x10", and on canvas. Made me want to have more of my photos printed and displayed, at least within my home.

Camera House Flyer
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/4, 1/60s, 3200ISO, 40mm
We took some time to look at some of the other displays, from the hats that were worn during the different eras of Fort Totten's existence, to the current exhibition on the construction of the Clearview Expressway and Throg's Neck Bridge. I didn't have the luxury of time that I wanted to fully explore all of the exhibits, but was impressed with what I did see. I cannot wait to return!

Little Bay Nightfall
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/4, 1/80s, 3200ISO, 40mm
As we left, I had to take one more picture of Little Bay with the Throg's Neck Bridge after sunset.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting thing to happen. Affirmation that your photos are quality.
    You seriously rock. :-)

    ReplyDelete