Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wide Angle Wednesday

Flying her BB-8 Kite at Jones Beach
Canon 5D Mark III, EF 24-105mm f/4, f/8, 1/250sec, 100ISO, 28mm
Last week I was lucky enough to obtain a new camera, a full frame Canon dSLR. The Canon 5D Mark III is the new body, and it is amazing compared with where I am coming from, the EOS 60D. A few of my favorite features from moving up are that the viewfinder shows 100% of what will be in the shot, the autofocus system is so much better, and the low light sensitivity of the full frame sensor is leagues better. I was shooting an event with the ISO set to 12,800, and the 60D, I'd be afraid of going above 1,600. 

I took the camera to the beach late Saturday afternoon to capture some shots of my daughter as the sunset approached. The photo above was shot at 28mm, which is wide angle on a full frame camera. On my 60D, a crop sensor body, the focal equivalent would 44.8mm, which would mean this lens at this zoom setting would not be a wide angle on the crop body. 

I'm looking forward to learning this camera and producing new work with it.

2 comments:

  1. I've finally started reading your blog! ;) Really enjoying it babe!

    ReplyDelete