Thursday, February 11, 2016

Cunningham Park

Just Off the Motorway During the Autumn Season
Canon 60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, f/8, 1/60s, 3200ISO, 29mm
New York City has many great parks, and another one close to where I live is Cunningham Park in Queens. You can read about the history of it here: http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/cunningham-park/history. For the past few summers, my wife, daughter, and I have attended the New York Philharmonic free performances that end with a fireworks show. In the autumn, we enjoy walking down the old roadway of the Long Island Motor Parkway, the first roadway designed for automobile use only, built by William Kissam Vanderbilt II. It was in operation from 1908-1938.

This park has served as the backdrop for a couple of my family portraits and Halloween portraits. If one finds themselves in Eastern Queens, I recommend a visit to this park.

No comments:

Post a Comment