Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wide Angle Wednesday HDR

CityScape Vanishingpoint
Canon 60D, Tokina Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, f/8, 1/250sec, 200ISO, 11mm

This photo was taken from a pedestrian overpass over Central Avenue in Downtown Phoenix. Central Avenue had been blocked off for City Skate, a small ice skating rink (the skate rental tent is visible in the lower third of this photo).  

When I loaded my photos on my computer, this shot was giving me a hard time, as the shadows were still too dark or the highlights were too bright. So I decided to make an HDR photo from this single shot, creating two additional copies of the file in Lightroom, with the same settings except for overall exposure of either + or - 1.5EV from the original. I used the Photomatrix plugin with Lightroom, and this final image was created. 

Here's a shot of the rink, just cause.

CitySkate
Canon 60D, Tokina Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, f/8, 1/500sec, 200ISO, 11mm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment