Thursday, October 22, 2015

#tbt Autumn in Central Park two years ago

Central Park Detail
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/8, 1/125sec, 200ISO, 40mm

Two years ago in October, the company I formerly worked was illuminating a wedding at the Central Park Boathouse. My day consisted of me stopping by the venue to ensure quality was top notch, and interface with the client and the venue contacts. The event setup went well, the crew had no real issues. I can't remember if I took photos of the setup for that wedding or not, but I had taken my camera with me, and the lens of choice for that day was the 40mm pancake lens. 

Central Park Autumn Evening
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/10, 1/200sec, 640ISO, 40mm

If you are a frequent reader of this blog, you will notice that I mainly use three lenses. I use the Tokina 11-16mm f2/8 lens a lot for work, and it is usually the lens for my Wide Angle Wednesday posts. When I purchased my first dSLR, it came with a kit lens, the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, which is my third most used lens at this point, it is the lens I use when I know I will want wide angle shots and a little telephoto action. But my pancake lens, the EF 40mm f/2.8, might be my favorite. 

Boats and the Boathouse
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/10, 1/250sec, 640ISO, 40mm

The small size of the shorty forty means that the 60D doesn't feel as bulky or heavy, so I am more apt to throw the camera in my bag and take it with me. I also like the challenge a prime lens offers, as I have to think more about composition, and use my feet to zoom. 

8th Ave Looking South from Columbus Circle
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/8, 1/160sec, 640ISO, 40mm

That day two years ago in October, I walked from the west side of the park to the Boathouse, which is closer to the east side. Afterwards, I walked back out to the west side and down to Columbus Circle to the ACE trains, and then down to Penn Station. I was glad to have taken the camera with me, as my walk to and from work became a photo walk, allowing me to stretch my photographic muscles. I also captured a few of the photos that have become favorites of mine, such as the second one in this post, and the final one below.

LIRR Penn Station Clock and Flag Entrance
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/4, 1/160sec, 1600ISO, 40mm

No comments:

Post a Comment