Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Met Exterior Wide Angle Wednesday

Met Exterior
Canon 60D, Tokina Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, f/8, 1/200sec, 320ISO, 11mm

I have lived in New York City for 14 years. I had never been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art until 2 weeks ago though. idNYC is an ID program for New York City Residents. Through this program, at least for this first year, you can sign up for a free membership at many of the cultural institutions around the city. So far, my wife and I joined the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, the American Museum of Natural History, and the Met. Should give us plenty to do in the winter months between the last two museums.

The Met is enormous. We went on a Sunday afternoon, and really only had time for the Egyptian Art Wing, as I had to go work a gig on the otherside of town at 6p. I hope to go back several times to spend more time in the rest of the galleries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment