Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wide Angle Wednesday Stitch

Today's Wide Angle Wednesday post features one final image. But it took seven individual images to create this one image of the Epcot golfball. As my family was leaving Epcot after the fireworks show, you can't help but notice the dimpled ball lit up in blue and reddish purple, you do have to walk right past it to exit. I wanted to grab a shot of it, but even with my kit lens zoomed out to 18mm, I was not able to capture the entire structure from the vantage point. Any further away, and people and other obstructions would have been present in the photo. So I snapped a series of seven photos with the same settings, content knowing that after I returned from vacation, I would get around to processing them.

I used Adobe Lightroom 5.5 to process the individual photos, then exported copies of them to Microsoft Image Composite Editor, a free program from Microsoft that makes stitching panoramic images pretty painless. A few clicks, a little processing time, and then I was left with the image on the post. You will notice that the image has some really black parts. Those are the areas of the image where the photos did not fill in, so the program filled it in with pure black.

I recommend anyone with an interest in panoramic images, or even attempting the Brenizer Method, download Microsoft ICE.

Spaceship Earth
Canon 60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, f/5, 1/80s, 3200ISO, 18mm

No comments:

Post a Comment