Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wide Angle Wednesday Work Edition

As I've stated before, I photograph the events my company produces. My tools are my trusty Canon 60D, a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens, a MeFoTo tripod, and a cable release. Everything gets edited in Lightroom to ensure the color is accurate. I try to get photographs posted to our company Facebook page the following week of the event.

BizBash, an events industry publication and resource, holds their Event Style Awards every fall. This year, they made the awards national, as opposed to regional as it had been in the past.

We submitted some of our recent events this year for Lighting Design. I also entered one of our photographs for Best Event Photo. It was chosen as a finalist, one of three photographs. 

I attended the awards ceremony yesterday. We won!

Waldorf Astoria Wedding
Canon 60D, Tokina Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, f/10, 3.2sec, 100ISO, 11mm
Here is the BizBash announcement: http://www.bizbash.com/best-event-photo-waldorf-astoria-wedding-submitted-pegasus-productions-realizing-vendors/gallery/150071

No comments:

Post a Comment