Thursday, October 2, 2014

Liberty Sunset

Lady Liberty
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/5, 1/60sec, 800ISO, 40mm


I'm an infrequent blogger. Life has a funny way of getting in the way. This month of September has been a busy one for me. Work has had me in the Hamptons, Westchester, back to the Hamptons, and Montauk. When not working crazy hours during the week and weekend, I've been trying to spend time with my family. With all that has been going on, I haven't been shooting for myself. I still have been shooting events for my company, but my camera hasn't been used for personal projects.And I have been neglecting this blog.

My wife and 3 year old took a trip to the zoo a couple of weeks ago, and I left my camera at home. We visit the zoo multiple times a year, and almost every other time, my dSLR is with me. It was an interesting experience. I do have thousands of photographs from the zoo, so I don't think I missed out on too much. Except for the fact that the Children's Zoo petting area had just reopened.

My parents had visited us for a few weeks, took a road trip around New England, and then came back for a little bit longer. It was great to see them, as we live on opposite sides of the continent. We don't see them enough. I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted with them because work kept coming up. Maybe someday that will change.

I am trying to help out one of my wife's students, trying to schedule a time to do some headshots for her, as she is now pursuing dance professionally. After my experience with my submission for the Business of Bayside exhibit, I have decided to push myself when the opportunity arises. Now if only our schedules would work out.

So since my recent shots are lacking, I have decided to post a couple photographs of a sunset behind the Statue of Liberty. Readers of this blog may notice the vantage point is similar to previous posts. We've had some pretty epic sunsets in New York City, and the Hamptons recently. Unfortunately, I will just have to rely on my memory of them. They were even more incredible than the images in this post. 

As cliche as it is, I love photographing sunsets.

New York Harbor Ablaze
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8, f/5, 1/160sec, 800ISO, 40mm

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed your absence and just want to say, these photos were worth the wait! Good job Shawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'll try to be a little better this month.

      Delete