Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WAW Honoring a loved one

This past weekend, my family and I flew to Texas. My mother-in-law passed away, and we had come for the memorial service. She lived a good life and had lots of people who loved her and will miss her. The show of support at the funeral home was amazing. After the service, we went to a small Baptist church that her brother was a member of for a pot luck style lunch prepared by some of the members of the congregation. 

I had brought my camera with me on this trip because I wanted to get a family shot since my brother-in-law and his son would be there. After I ate my lunch, I excused myself and went outside to the lake to spend a little quiet time by myself. It was a beautiful day outside. A big snowstorm had came through New York the day before we were to leave, so I was happy to enjoy some warmer weather. I grabbed my camera from the car and decided to capture some of the scenery. 

Arrowhead Baptist Church
Canon 60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, f/8, 1/800s, 160ISO, 18mm
Rest in Peace Paula. Your family will miss you.


2 comments:

  1. That is quite a photo. A lake with oil wells...and a Church. Wow.

    You know how bad I feel about Paula's passing. She was always nice to me and she lived for your daughter.
    Much love, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy. She loved my girl tremendously. I hope that she will still have memories of her Granny when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete