Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wide Angle Watkins Glen

My family and I recently just took a short vacation to the Finger Lakes region of New York State. One of the activities we did was a hike through Watkins Glen State Park through the Gorge Trail. The Finger Lakes has been experiencing a drought, so the water levels were really low compared with past trips my wife and I made, though it was still stunningly beautiful. 

Gazing at the Gorges
Canon 5D Mark III, EF 24-105mm f/4, f/8, 1/160sec, 1600ISO, 24mm

This shot was captured from the Central Cascade Bridge, close to the lower entry point. This is actually a composite of two images, both shot from the same vantage point. The first image was the Central Cascade sign sharp in focus, and then everything else blurred out. The second shot, everything below the bridge was sharp and the bridge was out of focus. I combined the two images to try to get an entire shot in focus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment