Monday, November 9, 2015

Museum Monday

This is my first attempt at a mobile post. Keeping it short today, been working at many of New York City's iconic institutions, new and old, that are actual museums. But today's post is from a couple years ago. 

The New York Hall of Science is a science museum located in Flushing Meadows Park. Some of exhibits could use a refurbishment, as it is an outer borough institution and doesn't get the support the more famous Manhattan locations receive. Best part about it is that on Sundays, from 10a-12p, admission is free. It is a great cold or rainy weather activity! 

Bringing my daughter there as a toddler was a great experience. Each time we would visit, she would be fascinated by a new exhibit. Watching her interact with exhibits at different ages was fascinating to me as I could see the progression in her mental growth. 

This photo reminds me of the curiosity she had with light, and the curiosity I still enjoy with light, which is the basis of my entire professional life.

No comments:

Post a Comment