Monday, June 30, 2014

Time for a new car

Montauk Lighthouse
Canon 60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, f/14, 1/160s, 100ISO, 52mm
Our station wagon needs more repairs than worth doing. So I'm about to get the old sedan registered and insured back on the road as our primary (only) car. 

Someday I hope to be able to get a car less then a decade old.

Had some great times in the wagon. A trip up to Cape Cod. Numerous trips to the Hamptons for work, countless times to the Bronx Zoo. Apple picking in Connecticut. Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, Coney Island, Jones Beach. Of course the mundane as well, such as trips to Costco, Fairway, Home Depot. But the most important trip that car ever took us on was the day I drove my wife to the hospital, and then when we returned as three. My daughter was brought home in this car, so that is probably why I'm emotional about getting rid of it. 

Apple Picking in Connecticut
Canon 60D, EF40mm f/2.8 STM, f/8, 1/400s, 160ISO, 40mm


And since I don't have the funds I wish I had, I'm hoping I win a new camera!

Best Local Wedding Photographers


I know, camera gear isn't what makes the photos, it is the person behind the camera.  But it would be nice to win a Canon 5d Mark III.  :)


2 comments: