Monday, August 15, 2016

Museum Monday Corning Museum of Glass

I visited the Corning Museum of Glass recently, and took an obscene amount of pictures. Still going through them, but I wanted to post a photograph I am really proud of, as it looks like it could be the advertisement for the Museum's Contemporary Art + Design wing, which just happened to open last year. 

Canon 5D Mark III, EF 24-105mm f/4, f/8, 1/500sec, 3200ISO, 24mm
Nancy Bowen's "Red Root + Running Cold" in the background of Lino Tagliapietra's "Endeavor"
We had arrived at the museum two hours after it opened, so I was expecting people everywhere. When we first entered this room, a tour was happening just left of the frame of this photo with about 15 people. I looked at some of the other pieces, learning the light in the room and seeing what worked for shooting the glass art pieces. I noticed that the room was starting to clear out, and was able to grab this shot with no people in the frame. 

If one ever finds themselves anywhere near Corning, NY, I highly recommend a visit to the Corning Museum of Glass. It surpassed my expectations, and all in our party enjoyed it, even the (almost) 5 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment