Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wide Angle Wednesday

Much like a soldier is required to ensure his gun is clean and ready to use, a photographer should keep his equipment clean and ready to go. I usually clean my gear at least every other week. However, I have overlooked individual pieces every now and then.

One night after shooting an event in Midtown, I decided to do some long exposures. I had just picked up a MeFOTO tripod, and was excited to try it out on the streets of Manhattan. For some reason, I decided to screw on an old UV filter I had with me. I had failed to notice that there were some spots on the filter until I loaded the images into Lightroom.  

It is a shame that I failed to notice this minor defect, as it affected the final image.

Grand Central Blur
Canon 60D, Tokina Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, f/16, 15sec, 100ISO, 11mm
 

1 comment:

  1. Some spots? :-)

    In its own way, it adds to the image, which I assume is why you showcased it. Wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete